A good run out

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
Backofbeyond
Been liked: 2 times

A good run out

Post by Backofbeyond »

Alright folks, just a wee ride report from Scotland. As we had some sun over the weekend I managed to get out on the bike. I was working on Saturday but I had Sunday free. I live in Lochgilphead in the West of Scotland, surrounded with some of the best biking roads in the west. I left Lochgilphead and headed down the A83 to Campbeltown as I needed to hand something in at work. After Campbeltown I went down to Machrihanish and then a loop around Southend. On the way back up I had to stop in at Glenbar for some coffee and cake [emoji16] after that I headed for home, as I approached Lochgilphead i had a message from the wife that she was taking the boys to swimming and she would be out all day. Oh well let's continue down the A83 passing through Port Ann, Lochgair and Furnace before arriving at Inveraray. A quick stop off at the carpark and a chat with a few blokes who had come through from the East Coast. I then continued down towards and then over the Rest and be thankful and through Arrochar. Once I hot to Tarbet I joined the A82 up the lochside towards Crainlarich and then a stop off for fuel and more coffee at the Green welly at Tyndrum. After both me and the bike was refuelled I heading along the A85 through Dalmally before turning back down towards Inveraray and then onto Lochgilphead. I covered 250 miles and I felt like I could have covered another 250 easy. The bike is just a joy to ride. Its a 2006 and been converted from an ex Strathclyde Police bike single seater to what it is now. Its such a great bike and sure does give the grin factor. I hope the pictures that I had taken can be uploaded, cheers PaulImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 190 times
Great Britain

Re: A good run out

Post by burridge01 »

Nice 1 fella.Went to Scotland (Roybridge)for the 1st time last year.What a beautiful place, will definitely return in the near futer.