General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

ASC

Post by Doctor T »

A couple of questions. On my 07 RT i have a switch with ASC written on it. I know it is the stability control but when pushed should a warning light come on in the dash?. I've tried pushing it whilst riding along and no lights came on or can you only stet this whilst at standstill?. Does it reset itself when you restart the engine?. Is it just a fancy name for traction control?.

Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: ASC

Post by simbo »

Doctor T wrote: A couple of questions. On my 07 RT i have a switch with ASC written on it. I know it is the stability control but when pushed should a warning light come on in the dash?. I've tried pushing it whilst riding along and no lights came on or can you only stet this whilst at standstill?. Does it reset itself when you restart the engine?. Is it just a fancy name for traction control?.

Yes, ASC is a fancy name for traction control. Pess and hold the button while stationary to turn it off and your display will show a warning that its off. And yes it resets itse when you turn the ignition off and back on.
[attachimg=1]
Attachments
IMG_20220326_170057.jpg
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: ASC

Post by Doctor T »

Cheers Simbo. Makes sense now
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.