1200rt tyres like a cat

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: 1200rt tyres like a cat

Post by emlevy »

Oh good grief.
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Levisp wrote:That's Michelin's advice.
This was Michelin's advice prior to me fitting PR2's. The tyres were fitted last year (2021) and have the following dates of manufacture, Front = 19/21, Rear = 30/21.

"As per our phone call, you should fit GT tyres, for an example the MICHELIN ROAD 5 GT.

But if you are not wanting to purchase these due to price reasons, you can fit the MICHELIN ROAD 2 without any issues."
Last edited by David. on Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

This was inappropriate and unhelpful.

They don't have any of the 'GT' nonesense printed on the side because they were invented long before that little money spinning idea came along... Hey Ho, A fool and his money are easily parted.
Unquote.

As far as I know I have never been a fool and I don't easily part with money.

As for my statement as to my previous profession that was to clarify my thought regards risk assessment and hence my choices. If you feel that offends you then you are reading me all wrong. Of cause I could have said I do all my own maintenance including tyre fitting to show I know something. I only know what I have read.

Back to the point. My 2014 RT came with Metzeler Z8 Front M rated and black C rated.

Michelin Road 4 and later has GT for heavy bikes and non GT for the lighter ones. The OP should go for the GT versions. Ask Michelin.

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Levisp wrote: This was inappropriate and unhelpful.

They don't have any of the 'GT' nonesense printed on the side because they were invented long before that little money spinning idea came along... Hey Ho, A fool and his money are easily parted.
Unquote.

As far as I know I have never been a fool and I don't easily part with money.

As for my statement as to my previous profession that was to clarify my thought regards risk assessment and hence my choices. "If you feel that offends you then you are reading me all wrong." Of cause I could have said I do all my own maintenance including tyre fitting to show I know something." I only know what I have read."

Back to the point. My 2014 RT came with Metzeler Z8 Front M rated and black C rated.

Michelin Road 4 and later has GT for heavy bikes and non GT for the lighter ones. The OP should go for the GT versions. Ask Michelin.

Those two quotes.. Firstly, '"If you feel that offends you then you are reading me all wrong" ..you'll have to try a lot harder to offend me because your opinion matters nothing to me.

Secondly, "I only know what I have read" Just sums it up really.

Me personally, I only go off what user experience has taught me over the last 40 odd Years, since BMW ownership and joining this forum. I have covered roughly 70k Miles on various bikes and tyre's. RT, PR 3's, PR 4's, PR 4 GT's, PR2's. PR 4 Trails, PR5 Trails on the GS and Metzeler Tourance and Tourance Next. Hey Ho, I could even give some advice on my limited sportsbike tyre experience over the past few years, but that wouldn't really contribute to this thread.

ps. I'm thinking of buying a plane tomorrow.. any advice on take off and land procedures only the Greenbelt's getting kind of sparce round here lately and I'm wondering what's the best tyre to bring the plane to a halt as quickly as poss?  ;)

The GS 'is' the better bike :-)