2021 RT headset connection issues with Cardo Packtalk

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
krw

2021 RT headset connection issues with Cardo Packtalk

Post by krw »

Has anyone else used a Cardo Packtalk Bold with an RT with the new TFT successfully?  Currently, if I do get it to connect for audio, I have to turn the ignition on, let everything connect, and then shut it off and back on again to get audio through my headset.  I do not have the Cardo paired with my phone, only with the bike.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Re: 2021 RT headset connection issues with Cardo Packtalk

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi krw.
I use a packtalk bold with a Samsung S21 phone which all works perfectly.
Pair your packtalk with both the bike and your phone, also pair your phone to the bike. When I switch on the bike it all automatically connects and the headset states mobile 1 connected and mobile 2 connected. Hope that helps
krw

Post by krw »

Well, I just tinkered with it, and it appears you cracked the nut.  I ran through about 4 cycles of on/off and was able to get it connected all 4 times.  I did have to do one more thing - I had to mess with the media output settings on my phone.  I'll play with it a little more when I ride later, but I think it worked.  Thanks for the assist!
Fathead1250rt

Post by Fathead1250rt »

I only have my pactalk connected to the bike under the rider headset option. The phone is connected to the bike. With that I can select between headset audio and the speakers and everything works fine. I have an iPhone.
FlyBoy
Bike Model and Year: RT - 2023
United States of America

Post by FlyBoy »

Fathead1250rt wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:29 am I only have my pactalk connected to the bike under the rider headset option. The phone is connected to the bike. With that I can select between headset audio and the speakers and everything works fine. I have an iPhone.
How are you able to switch back and forth from bike speakers to Cardo?