General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 879 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

How to remove the seat panels?

Post by Doctor T »

Evening all. Fitting rear crash bars but i can not find out how to remove the seat panels. I have found 2 bolts that allow the front edge to move but i need more asses to the frame bars. Are there any videos on YT?. Can you help?.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: How to remove the seat panels?

Post by David. »

Looking at this photo, the rear carrier needs to be removed to access a screw underneath.
If it's the same as a Camhead, there is a screw near the rear socket which is accessed from under the seat.
There is also a screw on the underside (lower edge) rearwards of the footrest plate.

Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 879 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Cheers David. What a pain to fit rear crash bars. Anyhow, the front and rear are fitted now. The German only written instructions pushed my rusty German to the limits in places.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
potatan

Post by potatan »

Doctor T wrote: The German only written instructions pushed my rusty German to the limits in places.

Quick tip - Google Translate will convert printed text in other languages to English (for instance) using the camera and some sort of magic.