Compass on 2022 1250RT

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Movinman
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Compass on 2022 1250RT

Post by Movinman »

As most know, the GPS on the 2022 RT interfaces with the connect app on the phone.  On the TFT screen, there's a little compass that is sometimes accurate and most times just points the same direction regardless of my riding direction.  Anyone noticed this and any insight on how to force the compass to point north consistently?
Attachments
IMG_3050.jpg
dpickens

Re: Compass on 2022 1250RT

Post by dpickens »

[size=78%]You can set the orientation for the map view while riding in the BMW Motorrad Connected app.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]To do this, select the menu "More", switch to "Map Settings" and make sure that "Oriented North" under "Map view during the ride" is checked.[/size]
Movinman
United States of America

Post by Movinman »

I have the settings oriented in direction of travel.  In this setting, my direction of travel is oriented to the top of the nav screen and the compass should point north.  To set to oriented north would always have north oriented to the top of the screen, at least as I understand it.  Wondering if the charge pad in the phone cubby on the bike would interfere with the compass; assuming the nav is using the phone compass.
Movinman
United States of America

Post by Movinman »

I noticed that when the navigation on the TFT is on full screen mode (not the smaller mode on the right side of the display), the compass works.  Interesting.
R2K

Post by R2K »

dpickens wrote: [size=78%]You can set the orientation for the map view while riding in the BMW Motorrad Connected app.[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]To do this, select the menu "More", switch to "Map Settings" and make sure that "Oriented North" under "Map view during the ride" is checked.[/size]
What is the perspective view?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk