Zumo entry point takes me round the block and home again

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo entry point takes me round the block and home again

Post by Casbar »

Ok, just used 1.2 to transfer a route from MRA to my XT. No straight lines, route transferred exactly. As discussed though, there are no visible shaping points or waypoints, but if you look at the gpx code they are there. So as happened to me in Belgium the shaping points (no announcements) were in the background, so every time I passed one, my map screen quickly refreshed, indicating I was on a different leg of the route. So when I went off my route, the XT navigated me back onto my preferred route (that might have been because it was the obvious way to go). When I deviated totally, say left a side road and went onto the motorway, the XT calculated my route to take me to the next (invisible) shaping point and I then joined my loaded route.

This works for me, but the disadvantage is, although the shaping points are there, they are not shown on the device, so you can't pick a waypoint to join the route at. But the whole 400 mile route never had any issues when I deviated or stopped, it just picked up where I wanted to go.

1.2 will not work if you want announced way points. Also 1.2 behaves differently with the BMW Navs. On my Nav VI, 1.1 or 1.2 used to give me straight lines, so I always used 1.0 and then manually changed the waypoints to shaping points on the device.
Attachments
IMG_3604.JPG
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo entry point takes me round the block and home again

Post by Casbar »

Just done another test, transferring the route from MRA to the XT using gpx 1.0 and 1.1. No difference except, 1.0 and 1.1 went into the device as a track, which I then converted in the XT. But neither is showing shaping or waypoints, only start and finish. Route still works. Not sure if this is a bug on MRA as on my Nav VI, 1.0 gave me waypoints, 1.1 gave me shaping points (unannounced) but I could change in the Nav. Don't seem to get this on the XT, not sure if this is a MRA to Garmin Drive to XT issue, will try some more testing :)

Edit - more testing. So now if I use MRA and save route to my drive using 1.1 it transfers into trip planner and shows shaping points (MRA call them waypoints) and Via points I have put on (announced, which garmin call waypoints). 1.2 only gives the route with no shaping points even though they are there.
Last edited by Casbar on Wed May 25, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.