Sticky Horn?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Old-Git

Sticky Horn?

Post by Old-Git »

So white van man throughly deserved the long blast from my sound bomb mini this morning. Trouble is, the horn then cut out / stopped working. Carried on for a bit, pressing the button when the road was clear. Rode home carefully, tried again near home and it came back to life. Sticky horn internals? Any other thoughts? '16 LC by the way. Oh and I spent ages looking for the fuse for the horn..... ???
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 433 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Re: Sticky Horn?

Post by sakm »

I had an issue in there mine stuck on! but I have never known a horn stick in such a way that is stopped it working

Did you over load the circuit and it tripped out? its controlled by the ZFE electronic module and has no fuses its self healing ie it will trip it out then reset itself usually after a switch off
Old-Git

Re: Sticky Horn?

Post by Old-Git »

sakm wrote:
Did you over load the circuit and it tripped out? its controlled by the ZFE electronic module and has no fuses its self healing ie it will trip it out then reset itself usually after a switch off
That sounds like it - thanks.