RT LC 2nd Accessory socket

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
guest2368

RT LC 2nd Accessory socket

Post by guest2368 »

Hi folks,

I am considering running power into my topbox and putting an accessory socket inside the topbox to enable me to charge my USB power bank when I am away on multi-day camping trips.  Can anyone help identify what plug it is under the seat of the LC model that would be used to power the 2nd accessory socket, if it was fitted?

John
guest2360

Re: RT LC 2nd Accessory socket

Post by guest2360 »

I believe that just inside the panel where the second socket is normally fitted the wiring for it is already there. It will have a connection plug on it with a dust cap. This socket is normally turned off by the Linbus system about a minute after the ignition it turned off.  However some connection might keep it live so running your battery down. 
guest2368

Re: RT LC 2nd Accessory socket

Post by guest2368 »

Cheers, just had a quick look. The power is looking like the easy part. Getting it into the box will be harder than I first thought... I may stick with plan A and use the tank bag and plug it into the existing socket on the fairing.