Biker Watchdog

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Biker Watchdog

Post by David. »

Aftersales service can be a bit hit & miss, who do you use and what are your experiences?
Maz12

Re: Biker Watchdog

Post by Maz12 »

Alan Jefferies all the time,  always helpful and friendly,  reasonably priced (for a bmw dealer) and give great advice,  even on non bmw items.
I would recommend them to anyone
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Always bought from Roy Pidcock. Always a good deal.  Service is first class. They hold a massive stock of BMW clothing .
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Biker Watchdog

Post by beemerbaz »

Bought bikes from Pidcocks & Balderstons, both much the same except the latter edges it on friendliness and unlimited free coffee (not vending machine) and biscuits !! Would not hesitate to use either for my next big purchase, Pidcocks is slightly further away but a much better ride than my A1 bimble to Balderstons.

Both have good stock levels of parts and accessories, Pidcocks edge it on the clothing stakes.
Last edited by beemerbaz on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

beemerbaz wrote: Bought bikes from Pidcocks & Balderstons, both much the same except the latter edges it on friendliness and unlimited free coffee (not vending machine) and biscuits !! Would not hesitate to use either for my next big purchase, Pidcocks is slightly further away but a much better ride than my A1 bimble to Balderstons.

Both have good stock levels of parts and accessories, Pidcocks edge it on the clothing stakes.
Now unlimited free coffee/tea/chocolate and sometimes even biscuits at Pidcocks. 
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Having bought a bike from three different Dealers, (Cooper Sunderland, Barrie Robson York & Allan Jefferies), the BMW purchase/sales experience has always been reasonably good.

I can't say the same for the aftersales/service departments at Cooper Sunderland, (some staff changes since then).

Never had a problem with Barrie Robson York.

Not used Allan Jefferies, but the RT I recently purchased needed some of my own TLC after having their service history.

What are your aftersales/service department experiences, good or bad?
Last edited by David. on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

DaygloDavid wrote: Never had a problem with Barrie Robson York.
I've used Rainbow at Rotherham based on verbal -ve feedback Ii've heard about Barrie Robson, with the associated extra 55 miles per round trip. May be need to have a run out and check 'him' out :-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I try not to deal with Barrie (Robson) himself, which is possibly where some of the bad PR comes from.

However, Kevin (sales & parts etc.) & Martin (in the workshop) are both spot on IMO.
Chad

Post by Chad »

I've bought bought several bikes from Coopers Sunderland; Steve in the sales dept was always fine with me. However had a fall out with the service department after they couldn't find the fault with my new bike and when they tried to scam me for money when the bike was under warranty AND tried to charge me to repair something that BMW had a schedule on. The sales department even spoke to them saying I was a loyal customer but they didn't care. I took the bike to Alan Jeffries & they did the work FOC without question. I've since used Alan Jeffries for service/repair. However, I went to Alan Jeffries to buy a new bike this year and Richard the salesman promised to call me back. I'm still waiting! Consequently I bought from Williams BMW in Manchester (Dave Barrowcliffe). Excellent service, slight discount for no part ex, full tank & delivery to home. (5 hour round trip). Everything done over the phone. I'll continue to use Jeffries for servicing (lots of accessories to peruse, tv, seating area & free coffee) and williams for sales in future.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I bought mine from Vines, Guildford.  They were mustard in the selling process but distinctly average thereafter - and their knowledge of some aspects of the the finer electronic fitments on the bike was pretty patchy.

I've had a bunch of new stuff added since then by Bahnstormer in Alton, Hants.  They've been fabulous; can't fault anything they've done - and their prices are pretty sharp too...
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Same thoughts  Richard,  I also got mine at Vines Guildford -  but will  now use Coopers at Tunbridge Wells....... :-X
Last edited by stelyn on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

My purchase was done with Williams of Manchester (Michael Cosgriff) who was excellent. I never met the person, never went to the shop and had a great deal and professional friendly service. The bike was delivered to me in Suffolk at the time stated free of charge.  I would have no hesitation buying from them again.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Spoke to Michael Lyon (Director & Service Manager) at Allan Jefferies this morning.

He gave me some reassurances over the validity of the Used Bike Warranty & Emergency Service with respect to the Service schedule on the Bike.

Also offered a bespoke Service at a very reasonable cost for a BMW Dealer.

Cooper Sunderland are my nearest & most convenient Dealer, I would like to consider using them, has anyone got any recent experiences, (good or bad), which they would like to share, thanks.
Last edited by David. on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Was it "Don't bother to service it, don't ask for warranty" 
I think many dealers are trying to make servicing time less painful. My local dealer, Pidcock,s have recently started a Service Plan for a 3 year period. Looks like good value depending on your mileage..     
Last edited by guest2360 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: Was it "Don't bother to service it, don't ask for warranty"

?