2005 R1200RT Fuel Strip Issue

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Apexdreamer53

2005 R1200RT Fuel Strip Issue

Post by Apexdreamer53 »

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum here and just picked up 30,000 mile Piedmont Red 2005 R1200RT with an inoperative fuel gauge and warning light on the dash.  The bike came with a service record history and is cosmetically very clean and mechanically sound other than the fuel strip issue.  The bike came with new tires, new brakes front and rear, new battery, and a years worth of current registration.

I’m planning on trying the re-flash or otherwise known as the igniter trick to see if I can get the gauge working again however that doesn’t seem like a long term repair.  Is anyone here familiar with or using the fuel strip emulator kit from HPoskam Engineering? This seems like a very cost effective way of taking care of the gauge / warning light issue.  After the installation of the emulator I would just rely on the trip meter to remind me to refuel.

If anyone is using this emulator I’m just wondering how you like it and if relying on the trip meter has ever been an issue for you.

Thanks for any information that can be sent my way.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 877 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: 2005 R1200RT Fuel Strip Issue

Post by Doctor T »

Does just as you've stated. Never heard of one going wrong
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.