Aeroflow honest review

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
texrex3234
Bike Model and Year: 2012 BMW R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Aeroflow honest review

Post by texrex3234 »

So I bought the tall Aeroflow for a cost of $360 and sold it after 2 months for $200., Why? Because I hated it.
It was 31 inch tall sometimes I had to look thru it even though I am 6'6. I don't mind that if the screen was clear enough. But the aeroflow is made of plexiglass which is no where near the clarity of the acrylic OEM shield. Also the amount of curves in the middle of the screen makes it impossible to look thru the distortion especially when I am lane splitting here in California. It also seems to get dirty faster than OEM and I could not use to gas station squeegee because it would scratch and cloud the shield. And then the amount of back pressure when passing semi trucks would make the bike unstable. It also looked ugly, it is oval and does not match the lines of the bike.
So I ended up installing a Puig spoiler to the OEM and drilling 4 holes at the bottom of the shield to relieve back pressure.