Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Sections

Post by sakm »

After seeing @Doctor T's post viewtopic.php?t=6492
Doctor T wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:43 pm Can someone in charge make a clothing section? I never know where to post these reviews.
I have often wondered if the sections need to be changed a bit! and some others adding

There is a fair few that could be put in to the same category and tidied up a bit

Would you like this to happen? or do you like the way things are?

I am always open to suggestions on this sort of thing if it improves the forum for the users
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: Sections

Post by Doctor T »

I do think a section for clothing may be good. As if not reviews on boots, jackets, etc just get lost in other sections. Like aftermarket add ons, keeping them i one place you know where to look straight away
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Yes totally agree a clothing section would be beneficial

My worry is that we have a lot of sections already and adding more will just make you scroll down forever

I am trying not to make too many drastic changes all in one go! the forum software was a major change and I suspect some are still getting used to that too unfortunately that had to be done as the old software would not play ball on the new server and the updates just kept failing or messing things up

What I am trying to say is letting things settle and then making one or two changes at a time to improve things rather then all in one go
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

That's fine but don't forget for the future. Me I prefer more sections dedicated to a certain group of items
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Doctor T wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:00 pm That's fine but don't forget for the future. Me I prefer more sections dedicated to a certain group of items
As I have said I am always open to suggestions and there is some that could be grouped together like Maintenance and Problems ? could easily become one section, Accessories and After market parts could be one section

Those and some others fall in to the same category so could easily make room for others
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

:thumb:
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

As requested by @Doctor T There is now a clothing section

As a result I have merged The Photo's and the Videos sections to create Photos & Videos I have also merged Aftermarket parts and the Accessories sections to create Aftermarket Parts & Accessories
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I would add tyres, and oils into the maintenance section.