Shoei Neotec 2

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Shoei Neotec 2

Post by MikeS »

Thinking of buying a Shoei Neotec 2 now that Sportsbikeshop has them on sale for 424 quid.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... ,3203,1186

For those of you that have one, what are your thoughts? There's plenty of YouTube reviews but not much about how they stand up to prolonged use (a year or two). I've had 3 Shoei full faces and they fit well but never a flip front.

Also, is the Sena integrated intercom worth buying? (it's in the sale as well).
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Shoei Neotec 2

Post by burridge01 »

Had mine for the best part of 3 years and have to say,probably the best helmet I've had.The Sena system works really well with my Tomtom and android phone.Controls on the side of the helmet are easy to navigate for volume and choosing options for satnav/phone or the inbuilt radio.Easy to charge the battery and it last for ages,you could at a push charge while riding should the need arise.
I can wear my glasses comfortably, even with the visor down.Everything feels solid with good ventilation,i especially like the buckle on the chin strap.Came from a Schuberth to the Neotec2, won't go back.
Have to say,the helmet looks as good today as the day I bought it.Only down side is I owned a red VFR1200 when I bought the helmet

Now I own a black RT :| very annoying :lol:
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Hi Mike, if it's any help, I have a Shoei Neotec (not 2). It was manufactured in 2016 and purchased in 2018. It is still perfectly serviceable; the only sign of wear is on the chin curtain which is compressed every time the flip front is raised or lower and this is frequently for me. This is a replacement part, as are many others. I do wear a buff/neck tube to cover my bald head, this keeps the (washable) lining clean, still looks like new without being washed. Recently had the helmet inspected by a Shoei dealer and although getting near to the 5 years of use service life, they gave it a clean bill of health. Previously had a Shoei Multitech the forerunner of the Neotec. If and when I do replace my helmet, I'd have no hesitation in looking at purchasing a Shoei Neotec 2.

Found this BikeSocial review of the Shoei Neotec 2, https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/r ... mpressions
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Had mine about 4 years 40,000 miles. Best helmet ever had. Use aftermarket intercom already had it.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I have two, upgraded my Neotec 1. Had them for about 4 years, brilliant have no issues with them at all.
MikeS
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Thanks for the replies.
After the positive feedback I went over to Sportsbikeshop and handed the cash over for the helmet and integrated intercom. All good until I got home and fitted the intercom which turned out to be faulty. Accepted a charge but wouldn't power up or update firmware.
Back to the store today, accepted that it was faulty but unfortunately no more of the intercoms in stock.
Offered a refund for intercom but baulked a bit when I asked for a refund for both as I'd bought them as a unit.
After a call to upper management was offered the upgraded mesh version as a no cost replacement.
Don't think I need mesh but it has better speakers and updates firmware via the charging lead so mustn't grumble.
MikeS
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

burridge01 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:16 pm Had mine for the best part of 3 years and have to say,probably the best helmet I've had.The Sena system works really well with my Tomtom and android phone.Controls on the side of the helmet are easy to navigate for volume and choosing options for satnav/phone or the inbuilt radio.Easy to charge the battery and it last for ages,you could at a push charge while riding should the need arise.
I can wear my glasses comfortably, even with the visor down.Everything feels solid with good ventilation,i especially like the buckle on the chin strap.Came from a Schuberth to the Neotec2, won't go back.
Have to say,the helmet looks as good today as the day I bought it.Only down side is I owned a red VFR1200 when I bought the helmet

Now I own a black RT :| very annoying :lol:
Opened up one of the photos and found this young lady offering me what I'm looking for.
Screenshot_20221123-161453.png
Screenshot_20221123-161453.png (846.92 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Which nice because what I'm looking for is someone to pay my gas and electricity bill over the winter.
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

MikeS wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:20 pm
Opened up one of the photos and found this young lady offering me what I'm looking for.Screenshot_20221123-161453.png

Which nice because what I'm looking for is someone to pay my gas and electricity bill over the winter.
[/quote]

I'm sure 'Doctor Mike' could give her a check over...
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

[/quote]
Opened up one of the photos and found this young lady offering me what I'm looking for.Screenshot_20221123-161453.png

[/quote]

Must of been a good night,don't remember her sitting on me helmet :shock:
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

I'm no gynaecologist.. but I don't mind having a look 😁
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)