Hi, new to this forum, I hope I'm sending this to the right place.
I have a 2014 r1200rt, great bike until a few months ago when the ignition started to play games.
On turning the ignition on, headlight and brake light com on as normal, but the dash dose not do its checks until 7 or 8 seconds after, then every light starts illuminating on the dash.
The bike has been to BMW workshop and only fault showing on the diagnostic printout is the exhaust flap fault.
This keeps on happening each time the bike stands for more than a week.
Plenty of charge in new battery, always kept on trickle charger.
So the AA are going to get a call again to get me on the road, very frustrating.
The Electrical system in general
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 7100
- Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm
- Location: North Yorkshire
- Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
- Been liked: 51 times
Could always ask the AA to do some simple voltage checks on the battery.
1. What is the resting voltage with the ignition switched on, state of charge.
2. What does the voltage drop to when cranking to start the engine, load test.
3. What is the voltage with the engine running at a fast idle speed, charging system check.