General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Farkle

Post by Doctor T »

Where did the word "Farkles" come from in the biking world ?. It wasn't until 5 years when i started to join M/C forums that this word popped up. To me, it's aftermarket parts or accessories. Is Farkles an American word?
Google tells me that "A Farkle can be a combination of fart and chuckle, an involuntary fart caused by laughter. It may also refer to a fart that is trapped by clothing and “travels” between the legs to be emitted from beneath the genitals. A Farkle can be a red-headed person with pale skin and freckles".Is this Edd Sheeran? :lol:
Or "How did Farkle get its name?
"the game Farkle was derived from the Farkleberry tree, a small tree native to Texas. When the early settlers came to Texas, they discovered the Farkleberry would harden as it dried. The settlers carved these berries into the shape of dice so that they might play games."

So Do I have to dye my hair, play the guitar and have a good fart? While playing with dice. Or would i go outside for a good ring-ripping Farkle :oops:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Dreadnought
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2018
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: Farkle

Post by Dreadnought »

First saw it explained as a Fancy Article or

http://acronymsandslang.com/definition/ ... aning.html
Excellence
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2021
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by Excellence »

Fun Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive - simples!
Ed Harley
Bike Model and Year: 2013 R1200RT
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 50 times
Finland

Post by Ed Harley »

I was under impression that at my age you don't learn much new things anymore. I'm glad I was wrong. I think. :mrgreen:
1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR | 2016 FLSTC | Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XRT
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

You never stop learning but to me a Farkle is a little ginger person who farts a lot. Can you call these Farkles? :yay:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Tom 2
Bike Model and Year: r1200rt 2011
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Tom 2 »

It has alternately been described as a mix of the words “function” and “sparkle,”
Like sprinkling glitter all over to make one’s bike sparkle.