CitNOW Video ?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

CitNOW Video ?

Post by Our Gee »

Just back from having the annual MOT Test carried out at a BMW Dealer. They did fit me in at very short notice and where very busy as the Service Receptionist was off sick so there wasn’t much time for a chat as I paid my bill. Looking at my invoice it states that a complimentary health check with CitNOW Video has been carried out. As they are very busy I didn’t want to bother them again today so does anyone know how I can access the video.
Thanks.
Last edited by Our Gee on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Re: CitNOW Video ?

Post by michaelc2710 »

Normally the link will be emailed & texted to you, if they have your up todate details.
Click on the link and it will start the video for you.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

With no sign of an e-mail coming through I rang the dealer yesterday. The CitNOW (See It Now) report system is not yet up and running but is planned for the future. (Cooper Sunderland)
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

This seems to be a recent innovation and I've had this twice now, on my RT and on my car, whilst they've been in for services. To be honest it was really just a very basic and short video by a rather bored technician as he quickly walked round the vehicle saying that everything was fine! Didn't show me anything of any interest to be honest. I suppose it would be more useful if there was a fault that needed attention but otherwise it's just a formality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

ive had a couple sent to me,  nothing much of intrest to see...  just a walk round and some commentry
oddly..  one said i had 3.0mm tread on my rear tyre then a couple of months later a different tech said i had 3.7mm tread on the rear tyre
i feell sorry for them having to make the videos,  sure its not part of their job description..  if my boss asked me to make videos i would flatley refuse
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

My Camhead was in for service today, was sent a text message but I don't have a fancy phone so asked for the video to be emailed.

Vertu (Sunderland) very kindly did this, what a waste of time. The video tells me I've brand new F&R tyres plus the brake pads are all good. I knew that anyway, however, wasn't aware of a tiny dent in the silencer. Can't fault their attention to detail.

Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

This is a BMW car thing. They have been doing this for years. Every time the wife took her Mini in for a service or any workshop stuff they sent an email video. Plus they used to give the car an inside and out valet.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

Doctor T wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:55 pm This is a BMW car thing. They have been doing this for years. Every time the wife took her Mini in for a service or any workshop stuff they sent an email video. Plus they used to give the car an inside and out valet.
Jaguar do the same video and full valet, but I'm sure it's all built into the service price, unless you have a service plan where it's all complimentary anyway. ;)
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 87 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

Skoda have been doing it for at least 3 years too.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 392 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

A lot of places have been doing this for a fair few years now

I think its more so they have some sort of evidence that they have worked on the bike so they can't be accused of not doing the service
yorkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by yorkie »

sakm wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:24 pm I think its more so they have some sort of evidence that they have worked on the bike so they can't be accused of not doing the service
And to stop you going back and trying to claim for workshop damages that were already there.
They don't do 'owt for n'owt.