One of my sidelight bulbs blow. Thinking this is here we go, scratched and bloody hand time. Then i had a thought. Now this is for my 2007 model but may work on bikes upto 2010
1. pop the mirror cases off. A slap of a hand on the back of these will work.
2. undo the 2 screws on each side by the speaker covers.
3. undo the 2 screws on top of the panel.
4. By pulling this panel forward gently you can get access to all the bulbs.
The screws are in the position marked in red.
In all, it took me just 10 minutes to change all the bulbs. I decided to change the dip and full beam bulbs at the same time.
Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Doctor T
- Posts: 636
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:21 pm
- Location: west sussex
- Bike Model and Year: 1200rtse 2007
- Has liked: 210 times
- Been liked: 65 times
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trust me am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical engineering.