about to be new owner

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ishtachi1

about to be new owner

Post by Ishtachi1 »

Hi all I am new to this forum. I need some advise, this will be my first BMW I have been riding Harley Davidson Touring models for the past 15 years before that I had Yamaha Silverado and Virago. I am looking to jump ship and about to purchase new 2014 BMW R1200 RT MSRP of the bike is $21345 including destination. Dealer is said best they can do out the door including all the fee $$20164 is this fair or do I have more room to neg?
Bike has Premium package only. Gear shift assist, central locking and alarm does not included. If I want one with the all the package it will be $20978 out the door. what you guys think? 

Thank you in advance
Spencert231

Re: about to be new owner

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi Ishtachi1 best of luck with further negotiating, but all in all you guys over the pond get a much better deal than we do in 'good ol Blighty'. However, saying that I am sure if the dealer really thought you was taking you money elsewhere he would sharpen his pencil and lower the price or give you gear shift assit which is really useful once you have the confidence to use it. Tell him your off to Yamaha or Honda to see whats on offer. Best of luck.