Gerbing or similar heated clothing

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
thwak
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Re: Gerbing or similar heated clothing

Post by thwak »

My highest recommendation for Warm n Safe gear. Invented for motorcyclists by experienced motorcyclists. Many have tried to copy them. I know most of you are from the UK but if there's any way you can reasonably purchase from them, you won't be disappointed.
2019 R1250 RT
Ed Harley
Bike Model and Year: 2013 R1200RT
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 50 times
Finland

Re: Gerbing or similar heated clothing

Post by Ed Harley »

I bought last year (or one before that) a generic heated west from local supermarket.

It has heating elements on front and back as well as aroung the collar. It has three different power settings + off. I can only have it on lowest setting and only when it is under 15°C. Vest by itself is really warm and gives a nice feeling.

Power comes from a power bank. I bought a 10000 mAh one and that lasts 8...10 hours easily.

Vest cost me 50,- Euros which was a bargain. IMHO, this is one of my better purchases ever.

BTW,

buddy of mine bought few years ago a Gerbing heated vest when he was going to northern Norway on a Hayabusa and it was supposed to be quite cold.

Vest was not cheap but then he decided to skimp on the Gerbing thermostat and spent the whole two weeks switching the vest on and off, on and off, on and off...
1983 GS1000G | 1984 GSX1100EF | 1997 FLHR | 2016 FLSTC | Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XRT