Buy a bike in January they said!

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
Elkinell
Bike Model and Year: 2020 R1250RT
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 43 times
Great Britain

Buy a bike in January they said!

Post by Elkinell »

Hi folks, had a two and a half year old R1250RT delivered about a week ago and if the roads here in the salty NW ever dry up I'm looking forward to getting out on it. Traded in my 12plate K1600 after being in that famouse river in Egypt about the weight of the thing for the last three years or so.

Specs say the RT is 150kg's lighter and I can feel every one of those missing KG's when I wheel it around the garage or sit on it and make revvy noises in my head. So for now I'll have to play with the settings, like turning that auto hill start off. I'll most likely be reading the threads here a lot and then asking lots of silly questions. :mrgreen:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: Buy a bike in January they said!

Post by Doctor T »

A warm welcome to the forum. You'll learn a lot about your new bike here. :thumb:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 218 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Welcome aboard, I know just how you feel. I bought mine in December 2020 just before Covid lockdown, I didn’t ride it for months!
ozzey91
Bike Model and Year: honda
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ozzey91 »

welcome mate!
Playing with the settings on your new motorcycle can be a fun way to get familiar with it and tailor it to your preferences. Turning off the auto hill start is a good place to start, and you can always experiment with other settings as you go.

As for asking silly questions, don't be afraid to ask! I am also new here, Long time eader and now joined this community. This forum is a great place to get information and connect with other riders, and everyone has to start somewhere. Chances are, someone has had the same question as you, or will be able to provide helpful information.