New Member - Sweden

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
SweRT

New Member - Sweden

Post by SweRT »

Hi RT folks,
New on this forum and now also new to a two wheel BMW. I have ridden a couple of bikes for 25 years of which the last 130000 km was totally trouble free on a ST1300.  Would gladly have continue as a Honda owner but since no new “Pan” has been seen in the crystal ball I found the time right to check if we (including my partner) could be satisfied with the new RT1200RT LC. Picked up the RT in mid-September and had time to test it for about 2000 km before the chilly temperature a couple of weeks later forced us to the long winter hibernation, but so far we are happy. As tradition we have always spend some weeks. in the beginning of June, somewhere in the south of Europe why we hope that this bike will be as comfy and trouble free as the “Pan”. Have already planned some modifications to be sure. Anyhow, looking forward to this forum to find and share useful information and good ideas

Happy New Year
from the North,
Kari
stelyn

Re: New Member - Sweden

Post by stelyn »

Hi  Kari, and welcome,  enjoy your new toy and the `Forum', post some pictures of your Bike when you get a chance
Regards,
Steve 
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Welcome Kari, look forward to seeing pictures of your bike and your modifications, if you look around the forum you will see topics covering modifications and what others have done.

Baz
Last edited by beemerbaz on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Thanks for your welcome messages but so far I haven't taken any that amazing photos of the bike as our friend “down under” loaded up (hello to Waratah). Only one standard shot taken outside the garage, a Quarts Blue RT ready for the winter rest
But with -17 C° in the chilly Sweden yesterday I preferred the +15°C in my garage to add some tuppenware to our new acquisition. Will load up some info and photos under “BMW R1200RT Accessories” a s a p but at the time being I think there is some other enjoyable activities to wind up this year
Happy New year to all
Kari
Attachments
IMG_0094-1w.jpg
Red One

Post by Red One »

Welcome!
Waratah

Post by Waratah »

SweRT wrote: Thanks for your welcome messages but so far I haven't taken any that amazing photos of the bike as our friend “down under” loaded up (hello to Waratah). Only one standard shot taken outside the garage, a Quarts Blue RT ready for the winter rest
But with -17 C° in the chilly Sweden yesterday I preferred the +15°C in my garage to add some tuppenware to our new acquisition. Will load up some info and photos under “BMW R1200RT Accessories” a s a p but at the time being I think there is some other enjoyable activities to wind up this year
Happy New year to all
Kari
Welcome to the forum Kari, I too have joined the forum recently.  Thank you for your compliments regarding the photos but I must confess (a) R1200RTs make such excellent subjects, they're beautiful and (b) modern digital cameras (a Canon 7D) and computer software (Adobe Photoshop Elements version 10 & 12) make it so easy to produce reasonable images.  Besides BMW motorcycle riding and tinkering I also spend some time with amateur photography as a hobby.

Happy New Year everyone from Sydney, Australia.

Waratah (John)
Last edited by Waratah on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

welcome Kari - we're all new here!

;)
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi Kari welcome on board I to picked my bike up last September with 500 miles on the clock and a great deal against my Tiger XC. I tried the ST1300 over here on several occasions and liked the bike but could not understand how they could price a bike so high with little technology, so opted for the RT