Akropovic exhaust

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
TeeJayAZ

Akropovic exhaust

Post by TeeJayAZ »

Just purchased a 2019 R1250 RT and it has an Akropovic slip on. This bike pops loudly between 3k & 4k rpm while accelerating hard in 1st and second gears. Dealer says this noise is the VVT changing cams and is normal.
REALLY!?!
Okay, so… anybody out there want to trade a stock exhaust for this POS after market thing - straight up, no charge
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Re: Akropovic exhaust

Post by jackronner »

First, where you at (I'm guessing Arizona)?  Second, my spare stock exhaust, tho' in very good shape, is off a hexhead, so I don't think it'll fit?  Otherwise, if it fits, let me know.  I'm in Oakland.
Kim_Y
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt 2016
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Post by Kim_Y »

TeeJay, I have a 2016 with the same [size=2px]Akropovic slip on.  Mine pops as well during hard accelerations.  I was concerned this may have been a timing issue, but m[/size][size=2px]y local BMW dealer check out the bike & said this is normal, not to worry about it. And actually, i[/size][size=2px]t's not noticeable to me anymore. However, our riding style maybe different, if you like [/size][size=2px]hard starts at each intersection, this may be a different story.  I would suggest riding the bike for a while before swapping out the exhaust.  Under easy/normal starts, it's fine & sounds great,  much better than the stock muffler (in my opinion). [/size]
-Kim Y.
TeeJayAZ

Post by TeeJayAZ »

Thanks
You’re right, I haven’t had her a week yet. And while I do like the sound I will be packing this bike in my 5th wheel toy hauler (so I have an option to driving the 1 ton dually around town), I’m not sure how my neighbors in the RV park will feel about it ☺️
Kim_Y
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt 2016
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Post by Kim_Y »

TeeJay, at low speeds/low RPM's, it doesn't pop, the pops only occurs when you're cracking the throttle hard.  Besides, it's considered a $900+ upgrade to the bike and adds some performance to it as well!!
-Kim Y.
TeeJayAZ

Post by TeeJayAZ »

Well, I consider 100+ hp just fine so the added power is, dare I say… useless? Smooth power delivery is key in daily use and particularly when driving Ms. Daisy (my wife) 😆
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Kim_Y wrote:It's considered a $900+ upgrade to the bike and adds some performance to it as well.

(1.3 kW = 1.7 hp)                    (4.0 Nm = 3.0 lb-ft)                (0.1 kg = 3.5 oz)
Kim_Y wrote:At low speeds/low RPM's, it doesn't pop, the pops only occurs when you're cracking the throttle hard.
Experience The Sound - BMW R 1250 RT 2021 Slip-On Line (Titanium) - Akrapovič Motorcycle Exhaust (akrapovic.com) the Stock Exhaust "pops".
Last edited by David. on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
albertoyanez
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
United States of America

Akropovic exhaust

Post by albertoyanez »

Good afternoon>

I am interested in buying the Akrapovic exhaust. Is it still available? Does the system has the heat shield protection and the metal ring to secure the exhaust?

Do you know how many miles are on the Akrapovic exhaust?

Regards and be safe,
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 190 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Reckon you need to check the dates on this thread.Don't think the OP has been on for a while either.