Shoei neotec 2 chin bar issue

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
Panman40
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Shoei neotec 2 chin bar issue

Post by Panman40 »

Ok so back just before covid my wife bought us new lids and comms, shoei neotec 2 and the Sena srl.
I think we used them less than a handful of times then lockdown hit. I had my ST1300 then and we really never used it a lot for some time, maybe 1k miles between mots!.
Anyway since getting the RT almost a year ago weve used it a lot more, I’m finding the neotec 2 to be noisier than my ancient multi Tec was but even more annoying the chin bar just isn’t positive when you close it :shock: , it needs a real firm tug to get it clipped in securely on both sides. This becomes easier when it’s not on my head without the side pressure of my cheeks on the shell but still nothing like as positive as my wife’s closes.

Anyone else experience this at all ?, it’s 3 yrs old now but basically as new still, infact I think I’ve charged the srl comms about 8 times !. I believe they have a 5 yr warranty and I should have taken it to the shop a long time ago but it’s hardly local and I keep forgetting :roll:.

Any thoughts ?.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: Shoei neotec 2 chin bar issue

Post by Doctor T »

I've got the same problem with my MT Flip lid. I have to hold the back of the helmet to close it. Flip helmets are always noisier than a solid lid.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Panman40
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

Doctor T wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:24 pm I've got the same problem with my MT Flip lid. I have to hold the back of the helmet to close it. Flip helmets are always noisier than a solid lid.
My ancient multiTec was very quiet.
Panman40
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

I decided to take the neotec 2 back to the shop yesterday, they agreed there is a problem with the chin bar fastening so it’s being sent back to shoei on Monday to be assessed. It’ll be 2 weeks minimum turnaround. Hopefully the weather might be better by then!.