*SOLD* AGV Sport Modular Helmet - Size XL **Brand New** REDUCED

Got a BMW R1200RT/R1250RT for sale? selling some accessories?
BobJ
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

*SOLD* AGV Sport Modular Helmet - Size XL **Brand New** REDUCED

Post by BobJ »

This was received on 20/03/23 from AGV as a warranty replacement for the Sportmodular that I had. I believe that this is a new for 2023 colour scheme (Overlay Matt Double Grey) - hence the retail price. The helmet is brand new and factory fresh having only just been made available by AGV Italy. I have not even put it on my head. The supplied Pinlock 120 has not been fitted

The size is XL as stated which equates to 60-61cms according the the AGV website. It terms of head shape then this is an intermediate oval. I also have an Arai QV Pro in XL which is similarly all day comfortable with no pressure points - particularly on the forehead which is where I usually suffer with an ill-fitting lid that is not for my head shape.

Full details can be found here: https://www.agv.com/gb/en/sportmodular- ... IY100.html.

Technical Info : AGV Sport Modular
  • Shell in 100% Carbon Fiber engineered in 3 sizes with 5-density EPS structure developed in 4 sizes. The structure offers an extremely safe and compact helmet with unmatched lightweight.
    Chin guard in 100% Carbon Fiber engineered to guarantee maximum lightweight and balance even in the open configuration.
    Shell shape is designed to minimise the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone.
    The metal chin guard opening system is designed to prevent accidental openings.
    IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with a large front vent, a chin guard vent and a rear extractor hollowed in the shell which directs air to the rider's head without interference with the internal sun visor.
    Internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly through the entire visor surface.
    Shell shape is designed to maximise aerodynamic performance and to have zero dynamic weight at 130km/h (80mph).
    The adjustable integrated spoiler reduces turbulence and maximise stability.
    SportModular interiors' construction is engineered to allow a pressure-free fit and to reduce the noise inside the helmet. Removable nose guard and wind protector.
    Patented reversible crown pad features a double face use that allows the rider to select the preferred feel and climate:
    Warmer Side: with Shalimar fabric for a soft and gentle touch
    Cooler Side: with Ritmo fabric for a fluid and fresh fit

There are shed loads of both written and video reviews on line if you look.

I will even throw in a brand new and unused mounting plate for the AGV ARK bluetooth comms system which has to be purchased separately and in addition to the comms. For the sake of clarity, the AGV ARK is NOT included with this lid.

I have not registered the warranty on this helmet and will include the receipt which should enable you to do so.

£450.00 which includes UK mainland signed for and insured postage to your door.

Last edited by BobJ on Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobJ
Great Britain

Re: AGV Sport Modular Helmet - Size XL **Brand New** REDUCED

Post by BobJ »

£425.00 including postage as above.
BobJ
Great Britain

Post by BobJ »

So this is proving to be a tougher sell than initially anticipated for a premium full (including the chin bar) carbon fibre flip up lid. In this size it weighs just 1498g. By way of comparison, a Shoei Neotec 2 in the same size weighs a pie eating 1815g.
If it helps sweeten the deal, I'll also throw an AGV accessory Helmet Bag https://www.agv.com/gb/en/agv-helmet-ba ... 87001.html for the helmet which cost an additional £50. It is in excellent condition with the original packaging and unused carry straps.

£425.00 the lot including insured UK mainland signed for postage.

Panman40
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by Panman40 »

I thought this would of sold by now, that weight for the size XL is outstanding. I’m normally L size but did see a few reviews saying best to up one size for the sport Modular. Your right the shoei neotec 2 is heavy, I have one and my wife, I’ve just bought new Sena mesh comms for them so I’m not really in a position to change now.
What’s your opinion on the sizing of the AGV compared to shoei ?.
BoB21
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

bought Neotec over AGV as fitted me better. The AGV is a lovely helmet and would have purchased over neotec but found my chin to big/not enough space was only reason went for neotec. I will try the new AGV sporttour when time to change (aparently more chin room)as was very impressed with the AGV.
BobJ
Great Britain

Post by BobJ »

Panman40 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 am What’s your opinion on the sizing of the AGV compared to shoei ?.
I usually take an XL in most lids and I found the Sport Modular to be pretty true to size for me. I've had both the Neotec and Neotec 2 and found that I was somewhere between a L and a XL in both. For the Neotec 2 I ended up with the XL but putting the optional thicker helmet pad in to make it fit properly.
By contrast the SM fitted me well from the off :thumb:
BobJ
Great Britain

Post by BobJ »

Last punt before Ebay. £400.00. Includes the lid, the comms bracket, the accessory helmet bag and insured / signed for postage to your door (mainland UK). Not including the cost of the postage that's a 47% saving! Surprised its still here to be honest. No offers.
BobJ
Great Britain

Post by BobJ »

Still available. The lid, comms bracket and helmet bag for £375.00 including UK fully insured and signed for postage to your door.