More Comfort

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

More Comfort

Post by hammo »

Due to the costs of new BMW,s i am considering making my RTLE1250 a bit more comfortable and keeping it a few more years , has anyone got any tips on using IIlium Works bar risers and footboards ? any tips fully appreciated .
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Re: More Comfort

Post by Randyjaco »

If you really want to make it comfortable, get yourself a Russell Day Long seat. It was the very best mod to my bike. I tried several aftermarket seats and Russell tops the list.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Chinese raisers are just as good but buy some stronger bolts. Again from the same country, peg lowering kit. Both can be bought for under £70.
Since i lowered my pegs ive been much more comfortable.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
vennie
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2010
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by vennie »

I agree re the raisers and foot pegs, made a big difference ,bought from the Chinese website. Both ok. Also a gel seat. All make for a difference. Di
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

With the lower peg and the risers, i also have the low-height seat. I rode from Home on the south coast to Suffolk and back, about 9 hours of being in the saddle and not any pains in my knees or hips at all. Before it would be a max of 2.5 hours before i needed a walk around
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.