Hi from Sydney Oz

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
Jggpossum
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Australia

Hi from Sydney Oz

Post by Jggpossum »

Hi everyone

Bought a 1250RT sport last week after trading in my F900XR. Had done 30,000km on the XR and was an active member of that forum.

Decided that since all my riding is on good roads with typical trip being 400km and occasionally 700km in a day that a better bike might be one set up as a tourer. Sat on the RT in the showroom and the comfort was dramatically better than the RT. But still waiting for my high seat option and footpeg lowering kit as I am 6’4” 199cm and always have an ergonomic issue on any standard configuration bike.

Had my first 400km ride yesterday through twisties in Royal National Park south of Sydney, then Macquarie pass to Robertson Pie shop then fast run home on M1 motorway. Still keeping rpm below 5000 and staying in Road mode until run in.

What a dream to ride. I had concerns about the extra 50kg over the XR but it actually feels lighter and more nimble. I’m sure this is because of the significantly lower centre of gravity. It even handles corners more precisely and gracefully although I noticed I had to set up my line into a curve just a fraction earlier to compensate for the higher weight.

So glad I emptied my savings account to get this bike. Will miss some of the raw aspects of the XR but not much.
:-D
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: Hi from Sydney Oz

Post by Doctor T »

Welcome to our forum
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.