Help! 2023 R1250RT OEM Topcase, central locking available?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Hawkeye
Bike Model and Year: RT1250R 2023
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Help! 2023 R1250RT OEM Topcase, central locking available?

Post by Hawkeye »

Sorry to be so needy but I have problem. I bought this motorcycle and included a top case in the deal. The dealership tells me the OEM BMW topcase does not have the central locking feature. They say they opened a file with BMW and were told the OEM, color matched top case is not available with a lock that is operated with the central locking system. Is this true? IF it it isn't does any one know what part number the top case is that has the central locking feature? Thanks for your help!!
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 28 times
Great Britain

Re: Help! 2023 R1250RT OEM Topcase, central locking available?

Post by jesim1 »

I'm not sure about the states, but I bought the bike in triple black and also the extra top case - it came with the central locking, I just had to attach the cable when I fitted it, it was plug and play and took about 5/10 mins tops :cheers:

I smell a rat TBH, perhaps speak to another dealer, I can't see what difference the colour would make?
Hawkeye
United States of America

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks. The dealer has received the case and I basically begged the parts manager to look in the box to see if there was a cord that would indicate it has some electronic attachment. This is after I found the part number advertised on a different retailer's site. Sure enough, the case is the same part number. He looked in the box and yes, it has an electrical cord. Friday when I go in for my 600 mile service they will instal it. If it does not work with the central locking I'll start over. Thanks for your response.
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 28 times
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

You should be sorted now, I fitted mine myself as they had to order it, it was plug and play and took minuets, but prompt them in advance to match your bike key to the luggage or you will end up with different keys ;) These are the nuggets you can pick up from a forum :mrgreen:
Hawkeye
United States of America

Post by Hawkeye »

It's on and works seamlessly with the central locking.