Bloody updates!

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 28 times
Great Britain

Bloody updates!

Post by jesim1 »

Sorry for the moan in advance :evil:

My R1250RT went into Preston BMW today for it's 600 mile service - 1.5hrs I was told, 6 hrs later I was still in the dealership :oops:

They said the updates were taking a while, another guy was also over 6 hours there, another had to leave his bike as it was still not done :roll:

When oh when are BMW going to sort this kind of crap out? 6 hours in a dealership totaled my day, my afternoon appointments were all trashed.

So just a warning - be very careful what you have on when they are quoting your timescales for "updates", because regardless what the machine says, it can't be stopped once it starts or it will crash your on board computer system :blah:
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Re: Bloody updates!

Post by sakm »

Unfortunately thats the way of the world these days! everything is software driven and we are just beta testers finding the bugs!

Although when it comes to cars I have always got a courtesy car! Why aren't they doing this with bikes :?
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Re: Bloody updates!

Post by exportman »

When I booked mine in with the dealer I was warned it would take at least 4 hours, They gave me a loan bike for the day