Help needed! Motorrad App with Cardo Spirit comms

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
MattyP
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Help needed! Motorrad App with Cardo Spirit comms

Post by MattyP »

Hi all. I need some help / advice / expertise please.

I am trying to get my CARDO SPIRIT comms system to talk to my BMW Motorrad App - especially so that I can hear nav directions through the comms unit in my helmet. Despite pairing both the smartphone AND the rider helmet up to the unit I don't seem to be able to hear any instructions - why is that?

I also want to be able to use the google voice control assistant to make phone calls etc but don't seem to be able to activate this either. Am I missing something really simple?

All advice / thoughts gratefully received.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Matt
Tenequip
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Help needed! Motorrad App with Cardo Spirit comms

Post by Tenequip »

Matt
I have the same R1250RT 20222 model and a Cardo headset as you do and mine work. My Cardo headset is the Freedom 4x and plays media, receives & sends phone calls, and driving directions from Motorrad app. Make sure you have the Wi-Fi and blue tooth on completely. No power saving items on the wi-fi or blue tooth should be on in your phone. Check all the settings on your phone, motorrad on your phone, Cardo’s settings, and the settings on the bike’s motorrad. I had a lot of problems getting mine to work, but it does now.
Good Luck
Tenequip
MattyP
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by MattyP »

Hi Tenequip. Many thanks for the advice - really helpful. I have now managed to get the Cardo synced up and all seems to be working. Have you tried to use the card with a pillion so you can talk to each other or indeed to other paired up riders witin the required range? I'd be interested to know how to do it.

Thanks again.

Matt :-D
Tenequip
United States of America

Post by Tenequip »

Matt
I rode to Maine a couple of weeks ago with a friend and we paired our Cardos and they worked alright, but my Motorrad won’t work, it was one or the other. I think I know what the problem was, I paired mine as a phone and it took priority or the Motorrad and wouldn’t let it work. The Cardos can be paired to each other as intercom, which is a different button than for pairing them as a phone. I haven’t tried it yet, but it should work. I still haven’t got my Cardo & Motorrad working right since that trip.
Tenequip
Tenequip
United States of America

Post by Tenequip »

Matt
Just had the 12,000 mile service on my bike and they updated the bike’s computer. The update did two things that I noticed, the volume is louder, more controllable, and the phone & headset need to be “re-paired”afterwards. The guidance volume from the GPS is lighter and difficult to heard. I haven’t been able to find a way to turn it up. There was no problems with the bike and all the valves were within tolerance.
Tenequip