OEM LED LIGHTS

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Spencert231

Re: OEM LED LIGHTS

Post by Spencert231 »

Pope wrote: I have found the OEM headlight to be adequate at night, after I'd adjusted it to my liking. However the low beam is never gonna be as bright as a xenon HiD....which might be my next mod.
I think the OEM twin highbeams are perfectly adequate though.

Adjusted the dipped beam? How did you do that or is it all in the manual? Between work I am renovating my home here in France which is not easy for someone with no artisan skills it seems to take me forever to do a job, so if you could save me some time looking for the instruction.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

There is a lever under the headlight unit to adjust for solo or two up riding.  Any more adjustment is sure to be well hidden with no info in the book about it.
Budman

Post by Budman »

I worked a bunch of motorcycle accidents in my 37 years of Law Enforcement here in North Carolina. Only one was the fault of the motorcyclist, alcohol and speed were the root causes of that one.
The first words out of the driver of the car is always "I never saw him". Get as much light as you can out there in front of you so you stand a better chance of being seen and not being a statistic.
I run my high beams all during the day and low beams at night so as not to blind oncoming traffic. I will be adding auxiliary lighting sometime this winter on the new RT. Im thinking about the Clearwater Glendas.