Weather protection

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest2360

Re: Weather protection

Post by guest2360 »

All the bits arrived today.  Will pick them up on Monday.  I would expect all the UK orders to be here now.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

RTman10 wrote: All the bits arrived today.  Will pick them up on Monday.  I would expect all the UK orders to be here now.

Thanks for the update, I look forward to my telephone call on Monday when I've come off nights  :eggs:
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I took these photos at the BMW weekend in Garmisch last year. You will notice it has the panels on. It is the same bike, it was kitted out one side for Police and the right hand side for Doctor
Attachments
146 copy.jpg
145 copy.jpg
Last edited by Bertie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Difficult to believe they have been around for over 6 months but have only just been discovered by us lot.  They could have been hidden with all the Authorities parts which nobody bothers to look at . 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Collected all 34 bits of the kit in a large cardboard box today. Assembly will have to wait for the shed to get above 5c  The parts guy at my dealers has accused me of attempting to  change the bike into a scooter.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: Collected all 34 bits of the kit in a large cardboard box today. Assembly will have to wait for the shed to get above 5c  The parts guy at my dealers has accused me of attempting to  change the bike into a scooter.
Oddly enough that is exactly what I was thinking? Without getting too technical on wheel size, torque and dynamics one of the main things that separated bikes from scooters was you could see the engine and daylight through the bike where this was not possible with a regular scooter.

I have a sneaky feeling someone may start posting pictures of mono block bikes and some souped up racing scooter. That is not the point I am talking about the "majority" in both cases.

I dont carry pillions, however contrary to the above maybe I may warm to the above parts, just not sure of any real benefits in my case, yet!

7vwh
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Still no sign of my bits, but the Comfort screen has arrived (ordered direct from BMW), contrary to the bumph on the description is isn't taller than the standard screen so we'll have to see how it works!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's very odd.  Parts list shows the comfort screen to be 681mm high.  Just measured my standard screen and its 605mm.  You measure from the bottom to the top in the centre of the screen.  Last two part numbers of the comfort screen are 540.
7vwh
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Cheers RT, that's what they've sent, it's only 605mm. Give me 5 minutes and I'll post a pic.

The part number is different to the one quoted on the BMW site of 77 33 8 543 540?
Last edited by 7vwh on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Check the part number on the label on the plastic bag or the box.  Its not unknown for wrong parts to end up in the correct box.
7vwh
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Ta, the numbers are different on the bag and box!!, also the screen on the site does not have the 'U' shaped dip across the top edge which is where the extra 80mm comes from. I'll email them and query it. Thanks for your help as always matey.
Last edited by 7vwh on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As I'm sure you have noticed, it is not a screen made for Europe.  The Parts No, although correct for a comfort one for the last 3 numbers, it is incorrect for the first 2 which should be 77.  You obviously didn't get it from a UK dealer. 
Last edited by guest2360 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7vwh
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

I bought it from BMW in Germany.

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw ... 4-k52.html

The reply is "The screen you've received is the one you ordered. 77 33 8 543 540 = 46 63 8 543 540. We don't know the height of the "normal" windscreen of the K52, but the comfort screen you received is 681 mm long (see illustration enclosed).
However, if you don't want the screen because it's identical to the one you already have, simply return it to the address below."

So I'm returning it unfortunately.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's just a dealer based in Germany.  The site details for the screen are correct but the part number is definitely wrong even if it  originated in the USA.
7vwh
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Ok dokey, I'll try Rainbow when they get my other stuff in.