Motea/ConStands Dolly Mover with Chock - HELP!

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
alpha5eight
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1250RT 2021
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Motea/ConStands Dolly Mover with Chock - HELP!

Post by alpha5eight »

I bought a dolly mover from Motea a while back and recently got round to putting it together. All fine, very easy instructions. Rolled the RT onto it, pushed it into the garage and found it the next day tipped over onto its side - fortunately had just tipped onto the side of the garage and there was no damage.

Am I doing something wrong? The instructions weren't clear about mounting the chock in a specific place to accommodate particular sizes of wheels...

Here's the link to Motea - https://www.motea.com/en/motorbike-doll ... ds_wrapper

Can anyone help?
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 194 times
Great Britain

Re: Motea/ConStands Dolly Mover with Chock - HELP!

Post by burridge01 »

Never seen one of those without the side stand piece fitted.Did the dolly tip over(which I reckon it didn't)or did the bike simply fall out of the chock.If it's only the chock holding the bike,any slight lean is going to get worse and do what it's done.
Many on here(including me)use the centre stand mover without issue
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... QOg&adurl=
That's the 1st one I found,better are available :thumb:

I'd think about changing to one,sits on the centre stand and stays there.

I loved that old school hooligan bike :cry:
alpha5eight
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1250RT 2021
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Motea/ConStands Dolly Mover with Chock - HELP!

Post by alpha5eight »

It's the full length one without the side stand piece - the chock is supposed to hold it upright. Maybe adjust the gap so the chock is tighter around the front wheel?