HELP!!

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
printyuk
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2012 90th anniversary
Great Britain

HELP!!

Post by printyuk »

I've a 2012 RT 90th anniversary. I left the bike for 6 weeks with the alarm apparently armed. On my return I went to start the bike so I pressed the deactivate button on the alarm fob. I put the key in and turned on, 3 beeps sounded.....and then I started the bike. It started but the alarm was going off - pressing the deactivate did nothing. As soon as I take the key out, the alarm sets again. I cannot seem to deactivate the alarm. I've taken the main battery off, and left for 48 hours and no change. I've taken the batteries out of the alarm (under rear rack), and left for 48 hours, and no change AND the alarm still arms with both main battery completely disconnected and the alarm batteries left out. Bizarre!!! Is there an auxiliary battery somewhere???
Anyway, has anyone a clue how to sort this/disable alarm as I cannot use the bike and I'm stuck in Spain (Estepona) with it. I've even now replaced the CR2032 fob battery, tried the spare fob. I have the plastic emergency key but that just sets the alarm off too. Damn thing!! Help!!