General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Can it be done?

Post by Doctor T »

Last night i was reading a Spanish Reddit article regarding R1200 RT upgrades. Two mods that are mentioned were changing the fuel injector to ones fitted to a 1250. The other Mod was to swap out the throttle bodies to 1250 ones. Both these modifications are said to give much improved low down power. The article which i can't find today, happens every time i try to refind a Reddit page also stated it gave a fuel improvement of 3 to 4 mpg And no need for the ECU to be reprogrammed. Plug and play.
Has anyone else read the article or have tried these modifications?. Would the throttle bodies be the same size and a straight fit? same for the injectors.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
audibob2
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200rt
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Re: Can it be done?

Post by audibob2 »

A lot of guys on the k100 forum found a mid range increase in power by fitting throttle bodies from the k1100, even from the k1200.

I did this too, used the original injectors but had to feck around with the throttle cable. The difference was noticeable.

My bike is wet head, it has enough power for me.

Will be interesting to see if it is possible on your earlier model. Down to cost and reliability I guess.

Bob
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 92 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

Take a look in your browser history, you should find the post in there.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Glenn wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:29 pm Take a look in your browser history, you should find the post in there.
Tried that, just the main Reddit page comes up
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.