Heated Grips

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
CapnJohn
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTW 2015
United States of America

Heated Grips

Post by CapnJohn »

The heat on both my grips stopped working at the same time. Is there a relay or fuse that could cause this?
I have a 2015 R1200RTW with 5 heat settings for the handgrips & although it shows the heat is on in the info cluster,
the grips have no heat regardless of the setting!?
Tenequip
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Heated Grips

Post by Tenequip »

Yes, there is a fuse for the grip heaters, but it didn’t cause the problem and probably saved you from major problems with your electrical system. Suggest you find the fuse for the grips and see if it is burnt out or not. Replace the fuse if burnt out and put your grips on lowest setting and try them. If it is not burnt out, check your grip switch and wiring until you find the problem.
Tenequip
CapnJohn
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTW 2015
United States of America

Re: Heated Grips

Post by CapnJohn »

The only fuses are under the seat & there's only 2 of them & not blown. From the manual, only 1 of them involves the instrument panel.
Do you know where this fuse you mention might be?

From my GS911:
I have a 2015 R1200RTW & both of my heated grips stopped working at the same time.
The fault code from my GS911 was 0x8008A Left Grip open circuit & 0x8008C Right Grip open circuit.
Is there a bad relay & how can I fix this to get my grips working again?