touring idea

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

touring idea

Post by Doctor T »

Just putting the feelers out. Would there be any interest in recommending camping sites and hotels section? where you have stayed and have bike safe parking. Were you welcomed as a biker or a single person? Single person means a 1 person booking.
Links to the campsites and hotels are to be included by the poster.
This may help when touring abroad or outside your region. We all know that sometimes booking a trip can be a bit of a hit or miss with the accommodation. A bad site or hotel can ruin a holiday, ive been there myself.
So do you think a section on this subject could help you on your next trip?
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
yorkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Re: touring idea

Post by yorkie »

Personally I think that is a very good idea.
Perhaps try to break it down into Countries / Areas to keep things simple to find
:thumb:
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 398 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Before anyone starts running away with this idea just bear in mind how many sections this would create :)

Although I can create a recommendations section and within that have seperate sections for Camping, B&B's Hotels etc etc this would take up far less space on the main forum but all the relevant sections within that :thumb:
yorkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by yorkie »

sakm wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:14 pm Before anyone starts running away with this idea just bear in mind how many sections this would create :)

Although I can create a recommendations section and within that have seperate sections for Camping, B&B's Hotels etc etc this would take up far less space on the main forum but all the relevant sections within that :thumb:
Ah yes, me being non-IT savvy never gave that a thought.
Perhaps you could just create a whole new website dedicated to just such an idea :thumb: :lol:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

The way i was looking at it was as a sub section to the touring main section. Am just putting ideas out what members would like
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Kinny
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Malta

Post by Kinny »

Seems like a good idea. :thumb: 6