Klim Latitude and Altitude Jackets

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
CaptainBlue
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Klim Latitude and Altitude Jackets

Post by CaptainBlue »

Just a placeholder really until Mrs Blue and I can properly try out our Klim jackets.

After a lot of research, I decided that for my "Eurothrashes" I needed a new jacket that was waterproof for the wet days but also suitably vented for the dry days and likewise Mrs Blue wanted an upgrade for her 2014-era Dainese one.

I've been using a Rukka GoreTex jacket for some time with a removable liner and a Keis heated waistcoat bought in error - too large for Mrs Blue despite being a small and amazingly my Dad-bod fits it really well - but when it's hot and sunny it's uncomfortable.

I'd previously bought a Triumph Taloc leather jacket and trousers which were apparently water-resistant but heat-reflective and vented as well and this worked well on a trip to Northern France on the Sprint in 2016, but the jacket had to be cut off me in my crash in 2019.

Klim's Kodiak touring jacket looks brilliant but you're paying for the puffer jacket base layer which I don't need, so their popular Latitude jacket became the choice. I can layer up with existing kit whilst being able to get a load of venting done on the go with all those zips.

They also do a ladies' version with different venting arrangement due to boobs, called the Altitude jacket, so we've sourced that for herself.

Too early to do a proper review, but in the "Cool Grey" colours I think they work well with my white RT.