What do you reckon?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

What do you reckon?

Post by Doctor T »

What do you reckon Photoshop or not? I would never leave a boxer or any engine to heat up this much without airflow. Also, you can hear a knock noise from the engine
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times
Great Britain

Re: What do you reckon?

Post by Capt Sisko »

Header pipes, manifolds and more can get red hot during repeated dyno testing on performance engines. In practice for us mere mortals on mainstream productions cars & bikes the engine has to have been running for a darn sight longer than just a few minutes, and at a decent revs, and probably needs something else such as after-market headers made from cheap & thin material to get to that point, so in theory possibly not photo-shopped, but like you my mechanical sympathy would have stopped me well before it got even close to that point.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Apparently, the headers turn red just after a few minutes of choke. Don't think so
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 194 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Doctor T wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:03 pm Apparently, the headers turn red just after a few minutes of choke. Don't think so
Never had headers turn red like that, and that includes me single pipe 2 strokes.Maybe they got special juice in them parts.