Sold one of my Hayabusa's

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Sold one of my Hayabusa's

Post by EasyRider »

Well after thinking about it for nearly 2 months, I desided to sell my Gen2 Hayabusa to make a bit of room in my garage.
It's the wife fault for having 3 bikes in MY garage :lol: i should charge her storage rent or get more nookie :lol: :lol: (Dreaming)
I removed most of the extras i had fitted to it, but left the luggage and some other bits to make it ready for touring on.
I put it up for sale on the 27th January, and a guy and his wife came last night to view the bike and have paid me a deposit.
Hopefuly it will be with the new owner by the weekend once he has sorted the insurance and tax out.
He has also bought the comfort seat i had as well for it, and is thinking about buying the Yoshi R77's i have to.
Will be sad to see it go :cry: , but needs be. He is the same age as me and i think its going to a good home :thumb: .
Most of the extra's i have removed from it will now go onto my Gen1 Hayabusa :thumb: .

19.jpg
19.jpg (268.38 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: Sold one of my Hayabusa's

Post by Doctor T »

My son sold his Gen 2 at the weekend. Same colour as yours. I thought about buying from him but after an hour's ride, i wasnt for me. Way too much power and i couldn't do hours of riding with the forward riding position.
Still looking for a second bike, i had a few test rides yesterday. First was a HD pan America. Liked how it dropped an inch or so at stand still. Nice riding position. Didnt like the switch gear and above 40 mph the screen flapped about. This was a power full bike at 150bhp. Problem is once i added a few extras the price was coming up to £27000

Second bike. Versys 1000 grand tourer they didnt have the base model i wanted to ride. Like the other Jap "sport tourers". I found them more of a detuned sports bike with buzzy engines. They seemed to me like bin part bikes. The switch gear looks and feels so cheap compared to the RT.

Third bike. Moto Guzzi V850TT. Nice bike and near perfect for me but there is a big but. I found it gutless I owned a Le Mans mk2 that had a 850 engine that i felt had loads of power but the 850TT felt more like a 500cc bike.

The search goes on.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Re: Sold one of my Hayabusa's

Post by EasyRider »

Genny has now left for a new home with a new owner.
It was sad seeing him ride away.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb: