General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

hi!
My name is Christer from Sweden.
I have a '14 Quartz blue, bought in december, not ride so much yet, not so nice wheather here right now!
have a Harley for short distance rides.
Looking forward to be a member here!
Last edited by Chrille on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Newbie

Post by beemerbaz »

Hi Christer, welcome to the forums.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
Waratah

Post by Waratah »

Hi Christer, welcome to the forum,

Waratah (aka John in Sydney, Australia)
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi Chris welcome from a cold wet day here in France.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Welcome Chris, enjoy the forum and your new `toy' ( when you get the chance to ride it..)    ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Firenailer

Post by Firenailer »

Hey Christer, Welcome!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Welcome Christer. Everybody on this forum seems to be suffering from bad weather.  Unless of course you are one of those smug members from Sydney, Florida, California
Mick c

Post by Mick c »

RTman10 wrote: Welcome Christer. Everybody on this forum seems to be suffering from bad weather.  Unless of course you are one of those smug members from Sydney, Florida, California

Consider me smug 8)
Mick C
jhandfield

Post by jhandfield »

Christer, greetings from the U.S.! It makes me feel a little better  to know I'm not the only one longing for warmer weather's return so I can do more than just sit on the bike making engine noises... Right?

...guys?
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

jhandfield wrote: Christer, greetings from the U.S.! It makes me feel a little better  to know I'm not the only one longing for warmer weather's return so I can do more than just sit on the bike making engine noises... Right?
...guys?

Well it's `warmed up'  now to 4c ::)  here in Kent and predicted to climb to  7c this Sunday  :-*  , so the Bike will just have to come out and brave the climate before it takes root in the Garage.....  ;)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Welcome Christer. Everybody on this forum seems to be suffering from bad weather.  Unless of course you are one of those smug members from Sydney, Florida, California

Or a hardcore London-Brighton commuter!

Welcome Christer...
SweRT

Post by SweRT »

Welcome Christer
Nice to see a second pin at Sweden
We Vikings do not suffer from bad weather (some snow) we call it winter (only longing for the coming spring ;))

Coded; oxo 14 Quarts blå, köpt i september, hann med 2000 km, hej, Kari
Waratah

Post by Waratah »

I'll send you a 5kg jar of Sydney sunshine RTman if you send me a bag of lush green pastures (like we see in Midsomer Murders each week).  ;)  Aussie weather can be sunny and pleasant, but it can be slightly uncomfortable as well; I think they're forecasting the maximum temperature in Marble Bar might hit 50C (122 F) today?  I rode the Stuart Highway in the Australian Outback a couple of years ago when it was really hot, riding past fields of long brown grass.  When I stopped for a break I realised it wasn't grass, the ground was so hot all the snakes were standing on the tips of their tails..!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Bar,_Western_Australia
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

SweRT wrote: We Vikings do not suffer from bad weather (some snow) we call it winter (only longing for the coming spring ;))
Coded; oxo 14 Quarts blå, köpt i september, hann med 2000 km, hej, Kari
ok Christer,  confess this is  really the recipe for your great  `Viking Lager'........ ;)/i]
Red One

Post by Red One »

Welcome!  Central U.S. still fairly cold but we had a break in the weather last weekend and got in about 200 miles with some buddies.