EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

little Rant

Post by EasyRider »

Why are members only posting on this forum mainly when they have a problem and need help.
There looks to be plenty who login to just have a look around find some info and go.
There is no community on here and with only 6 members being forum supporters.
You would think that as the RT is still a current BMW model the forum would be full of life.
In the 4 months i've been a member i've posted over 340 times. yes mainly crap, but i still posted.
Look at other forums that are full of life, the topics are not just about bikes and problems.
At least 50% of other forum traffic are posts full of waffle and fun and being a community.
It cant be the problem is the ones who use this forum are to old to enjoy a bit of banter with out being personal.
So if you are able to login to the forum, then your able to particopate in one way or another.
Or are you the type that just keeps on taking without giving anything back to a community.
less than 30 posts have been made by all it members in the last 24 hours. :?
So if you want to post a reply back to what i've said, please do. Then at least your be participating.

Rant over.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 398 times
Great Britain

Re: little Rant

Post by sakm »

I have an excuse!

I work :lol: :lol:
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

:cheers:
sakm wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:54 am I have an excuse!

I work :lol: :lol:
I think you just turn up. I work too 🤣

On a serious note, I joined this forum before I picked up my bike from the dealer in 2014. I generally pop in every day and have used a lot of info on here to solve issues, bought lots of shiney stuff I didn’t know about and help out where I could. 🤗
Old Foxy
Subscriber
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times
Great Britain

Post by Old Foxy »

I post when I have something which I think might be useful or interesting. Being a sad old anorak, that is not very often!

I will admit that I am only really interested in RT related stuff, though I accept that others may want more of a community feel. Each to their own, I have no issues with that.

There, I've posted!

Old Foxy
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Post by Randyjaco »

EasyRider wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:44 am Why are members only posting on this forum mainly when they have a problem and need help.
There looks to be plenty who login to just have a look around find some info and go.
You would think that as the RT is still a current BMW model the forum would be full of life.
In the 4 months i've been a member i've posted over 340 times. yes mainly crap, but i still posted.
Look at other forums that are full of life, the topics are not just about bikes and problems.
At least 50% of other forum traffic are posts full of waffle and fun and being a community.
It cant be the problem is the ones who use this forum are to old to enjoy a bit of banter with out being personal.
So if you are able to login to the forum, then your able to particopate in one way or another.
Or are you the type that just keeps on taking without giving anything back to a community.
So if you want to post a reply back to what i've said, please do. Then at least your be participating.

Rant over.
Compared to the US RT forums, this one is down right chatty. I'm guessing that RT owners just have less to complain about ;)
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

EasyRider wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:44 am Why are members only posting on this forum mainly when they have a problem and need help.

Rant over.
Is EasyRider going for David's record of number of posts? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 238 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

That thought occurred to me too :-D
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

No David can keep it (for now) :lol:

This is a great forum and the info and help is very good.
But it's not all about taking, members should try and post as well.
I like what UKGSer have done, where you need to be a Subscriber to get full access.
I paid up to help this forum the first month i joined, as what i've saved on here, is a lot less than the cost of getting BMW to help.

So come on you tight old gits, dust them pension books off and help. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

I'm not a fan of forcing people to either donate or subscribe to give special access to certain parts of the forum.

I solely rely on people subscribing or donating if they wish

All the forums I run are done this way and so far have worked up to now!

I also try to keep the forums advertising free too unless a reputable company wants to pay for some advertising and it's relevant to the members and not intrusive
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

I totally understand what you are saying, But i paid £15 on UKGSer and got access to the for sale section to be able to sell an item. I listed one item on there and sold it. Saving myself nearly 13% in ebay fees. So was worth paying the small amount to have a larger market of people viewing.
Even on some other forums i have used over the years, you had to have say a post count of 50 before you had full access to the forum. It got people using the forum and they carried on even after the 50 post count was got.
It was great as that many posted it was like group texting eachother back right away.
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

I used to have a post count of 10 on another forum to give access to the for sale section but the trouble was you just ended up with 10 posts of drivel then a for sale post and never see them again :lol:
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

Administrator and helpers do a fine job of running this site. For me its been useful for tips, runs out and making new acquaintances. Keep up the good work Sakm and co. I have also recently subscribed too. :-D