Seat pans and Years

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Svoboda
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT
United States of America

Seat pans and Years

Post by Svoboda »

I just got a 2019 R1250RT. Great bike except for the seat (yes you have heard this before. I did a couple of searches but didn't find the info I want). Before I send my existing seat, or an eBay seat, to RDL, I want a bit more knowledge.
1. Do the standard and low seats use the same pan? (I have a low seat but don't need it to be low)
2. What other year seats will fit a 2019? Will any other R1200 seats fit my R1250RT?
3. Are the police seats different? Would they be a good choice if you don't plan to ride 2-up?
4. Please confirm that Sargent does not need your old seat pan, and their standard height seat does not push your privates up against the tank?

Thanks for your help!
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Re: Seat pans and Years

Post by EasyRider »

1.) Yes same pan
2.) Yes the 2014 onward with fit your 2019
3.) Sorry i don't know
4.) I have just bought a Sargent seat. No i kept my old seat, and no your nuts will be fine.

I've been told the low seat is not as good as the standerd hight seat. But its down to the individual.
The Sargent seat cups your a$$ where you sit in the seat and not on it, if you understand me.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

The police seat is a different shape at the back. May not mate up with a rear seat. I have a low heated seat and it's good for a straight 3 hours ride
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Svoboda
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT
United States of America

Post by Svoboda »

Thanks so much. This is a big help.