Hello from SE England

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
Orca the RT
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Hello from SE England

Post by Orca the RT »

Hello,

I've just made a massive step up from a VFR800F to the RT.

Only 500 miles in to my relationship with the bike but I'm loving it. So much torque and very comfortable. I'm amazed at how well it filters and the lightness of steering anything over 5mph.

I'll be searching the forum for advice on crash bars (I'm having sleepless nights thinking about dropping it at walking pace!), the heated seats and bigger screens. Also keen to meet up anywhere in the UK and in to Europe.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 397 times
Great Britain

Re: Hello from SE England

Post by sakm »

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 238 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Welcome aboard, nice to have another member down south.

Screens are very individual and you’ll be spoilt for choice. At one time I had six… but gradually whittled it down to three - the standard, a BMW sports screen, and a Werks Quiet Ride from the USA, the latter is by far the best (and the most expensive) but I bought it pre-owned.

Have fun and take care 👍
Jeffem
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Jeffem »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I swapped to the RT in January, after 17yrs with a 5th gen VFR, so I appreciate your apprehension. I also panicked about those pots sticking out each side of the RT so opted for a set of R&G bars. Very easy to fit and very pleased with them. I don’t mean to add to your woes but you may also consider investing in a headlight protector because if you manage to crack one of these buggers it costs over £800 for a replacement!

Swapping from the VFR means you don’t have to worry about weak Regulators, rear sprocket cam adjustment tools, or dismantling half the bike to check valve clearances. The RTs have their own peculiarities, and I am still working my way through them, but this forum is a mine of information.

I am based in West Sussex and there are a couple of forum members in the area. I am sure they will be along to introduce themselves and at some point in time I hope to arrange a meet up.

Cheers :cheers:
Slow in, fast out.
SamEd
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1200RT
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by SamEd »

Hi and welcome abroad from California.