Glasses with flexible temples

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
Arends
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1200RT 2015
Has liked: 15 times
Ireland

Glasses with flexible temples

Post by Arends »

Being of certain age (hence this bike and forum), I need glasses. And my current pair of glasses, although having titanium temples, start feeling uncomfortable after an hour or riding.

There are flexible glasses promoted by Ryan F9, but they are in Canada. So shipping cost is significant and returns could take too long.

Could you recommend glasses with flexible temples, that are available in EU? I would prefer to try them in a physical store first, or to avail of EU shipping that usually does not take ages. Return policies are covered by our magnificent united legislation, so I feel safe, protected and empowered.

All suggestions are welcome.
I am here to learn.
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Re: Glasses with flexible temples

Post by Randyjaco »

Check out Zenni Medical. They are Chinese and I have been buying from them for about 30 years. Never got a bad pair of glasses. Many of their frames have flexible temples. You will like their prices.
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times
Great Britain

Re: Glasses with flexible temples

Post by Capt Sisko »

I have a pair of straight arm glasses which my optician recommended. They don't work inside a helmet (Neotec II) very well. I find I constantly have to raise my visor and push them back up my nose a quarter of an inch. Annoying to say the least, really annoying in the rain. I also have pair of wrap around prescription sports glasses that 1. Suffer from the same slide down your nose problem, 2. The prescription inserts are way to close to my eyes for comfort, and 3. Because of that they smudge to easily.

The most comfortable for me have been the really thin & bendy titanium ones, but every single pair of those I've ever had have eventually snapped. My current riding pair are just a basic cheapo pair, but measured properly so the bend sits behind my ears.