k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: MU vs SE

Post by k9doc »

EasyRider wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:42 am @ Chris

Not telling you how to suck eggs or anything. But do you stand on the foot peg to get on and off.
I have started doing it this way and it makes it a lot better getting on and off.
My hips are ok, but my knees are FK.
Haven't tried that but will deffo give it a go, thanks. This was a low seat version and I actually cramped up sitting on the bike. For me I think it's all about angles. Not the joints so much as the muscles around the hips. The higher the seat the better but then I like to get both feet flat down so always a compromise.
Haven't had my leg over for 6 months :( and I think Michael is right that with a bit of bike time, it should pass ( here's hoping).
Chris
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

Lowering foot rest brackets, standard hight seat and handlebar risers, will change the way the bike feels to sit on.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

EasyRider wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:39 pm Lowering foot rest brackets, standard hight seat and handlebar risers, will change the way the bike feels to sit on.
Standard seat with Nippy Norman's footpeg lowering kit works for me. Sadly didn't take them off the last bike. Not needed bar risers so far. I've found over the years that sitting more upright ( GS type position ) eases the wrists and neck at the expense of ar$e ache.
Chris
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

I have a Honda Varadero 1000, and it is like riding sitting in a armchair. I have said on here before, that i wanted my RT to feel the same. And the best thing i found for me was fitting the GS handlebars and lower foot rest brackets, The RT is now very close to how i feel on the Varadero.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

EasyRider wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:24 pm I have a Honda Varadero 1000, and it is like riding sitting in a armchair. I have said on here before, that i wanted my RT to feel the same. And the best thing i found for me was fitting the GS handlebars and lower foot rest brackets, The RT is now very close to how i feel on the Varadero.
I've had a couple of Varaderos over the years and have to agree, the most comfortable bike (and mine were standard w/o any mods) I've ever ridden. Not the best lookers though and quite heavy lumps.
Chris
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 239 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Age limit at Bahnstormers is 76 so I’ve got a couple of years left.

I had enquired about a test ride on a K1600 but the service guy declined when my bike was in for a shaft check, then he asked if I’d had much experience on ‘big bikes’… what are they 350kgs? I suspect that 2-up on a 328kg ST1300 with a months worth of luggage would dwarf that.

Another day then…
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Steve398 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:54 pm Age limit at Bahnstormers is 76 so I’ve got a couple of years left.

I had enquired about a test ride on a K1600 but the service guy declined when my bike was in for a shaft check, then he asked if I’d had much experience on ‘big bikes’… what are they 350kgs? I suspect that 2-up on a 328kg ST1300 with a months worth of luggage would dwarf that.

Another day then…
Likewise 2 up on a fully loaded Goldwing.
Before the trip I said to the better half to go easy on the shopping. First morning she rocks up with a cast iron chicken :shock: our new door step apparently. 2nd day bloody great sheepskin jacket which rode home balanced on her knees. Managed to get the chicken in one of the side cases. Happy days.
Chris
Steve398
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

A French trip in 1990 on a Kawasaki ZX10, arrived at Cherbourg with an hour to spare, and wifey appears after a comfort break with a wine sign clock about 4’x3’. Incidentally it’s absolutely pouring down, biblical stuff and she’s got the bliddy thing balanced on her knees.

The ferry trip was a wild west ride and it’s still pouring when we got to Portsmouth, so we left the clock with friends nearby and made our way back up to Linconshire in torrential rain.

As an aside - we were both in new dark blue leathers, so by the time we got home and stripped our very sodden kit off we both look like a couple of Smurfs! It took days for the dye to wash off.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Steve398 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:36 pm A French trip in 1990 on a Kawasaki ZX10, arrived at Cherbourg with an hour to spare, and wifey appears after a comfort break with a wine sign clock about 4’x3’. Incidentally it’s absolutely pouring down, biblical stuff and she’s got the bliddy thing balanced on her knees.

The ferry trip was a wild west ride and it’s still pouring when we got to Portsmouth, so we left the clock with friends nearby and made our way back up to Linconshire in torrential rain.

As an aside - we were both in new dark blue leathers, so by the time we got home and stripped our very sodden kit off we both look like a couple of Smurfs! It took days for the dye to wash off.
Chatacter building! :lol:

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire? Love the Wolds.
Chris
Steve398
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Walcott near Billinghay, then Sleaford.

There’s some lovely roads in the county, but particularly fond of the Barney Bends from Horncastle up to Grimsby.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Steve398 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:08 pm Walcott near Billinghay, then Sleaford.

There’s some lovely roads in the county, but particularly fond of the Barney Bends from Horncastle up to Grimsby.
Agree. Been there many times and the B1225 down from Caistor. Minimal traffic and mostly good surfaces.
Chris