Dunlop RoadSmart IV - BOGOF Deal

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Dunlop RoadSmart IV - BOGOF Deal

Post by David. »

RedKen
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LE 2016
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: Dunlop RoadSmart IV - BOGOF Deal

Post by RedKen »

Only selected dealers - and my go-to tyre dealer has no knowledge of the offer. I was in with him the he phoned up his supplier and they had not heard of the offer either. Frustrating! I shall be calling others near me this next week to see if they have any knowledge of the deal.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I phoned Automoto at Bellerby, North Yorkshire, they are my nearest dealer who have taken up the Dunlop offer. They quoted me 240 GBP for a pair of RS IV GT's , ride in, ride out. I said what about fitting to loose wheels and was told the price was the same. My go to tyre fitter hasn't signed up to the deal because it is not economically viable for him to do so. The Dunlop deal seems to be a loss leader in the hope that folks will stick with them and pay full price for the next pair. I won't be partaking in the offer and when needed will stick with RS II's for around the same price supplied and fitted to loose wheels. A pair of RS IV GT's would normally be around 330 GBP plus fitting. If you need tyres before the offer ends, then there is a saving to be had.
Elkinell
Bike Model and Year: 2020 R1250RT
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 43 times
Great Britain

Post by Elkinell »

Handy to know as I need a back tyre for my old GTR that's not been on the road since 2015. I have been looking at prices and am shocked at how much some places want for such an older tech tyre :shock: My nearest participating dealer is Shorrocks in Preston.