What don't you like

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
David and Sally
Bike Model and Year: 2020 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: What don't you like

Post by David and Sally »

Uncomfortable seats.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

To make my 07 fit me all I had to do was to fit bar raisers and a peg lowing kit. Result is I can now ride for over 3 hours compared to just over an hour before
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
SimonD
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by SimonD »

I've had mine for a year now and have been pleasantly surprised by it. I find the stock seat more than comfortable enough and the finish is not as bad as I had expected. I think owners that ride through the winter, particularly without a mudguard extender, and expect no damage to the engine finish are being unrealistic. It's aluminium and paint being blasted with stones salt and water!

The only real problem for me is the reason I put off buying a RT for such a long time - the cramped riding position. I fitted a peg lowering kit which, along with the seat on the high setting, makes the riding position pretty comfortable. Unfortunately it also puts my head in the wind blast so on a motorway I still occasionally drop the seat to get behind the fairing.

I hope to be in West Cork in the summer but have yet to decide whether to take the RT or the Buell Ulysses that I have been using for the last 13 years.
The RT was meant to be a winter hack to keep my Buells nice but I'm appreciating its qualities more the longer I have it.
Arends
Bike Model and Year: BMW R1200RT 2015
Has liked: 15 times
Ireland

Post by Arends »

I have less than 300km on my 2015 bike, and I am bloody scared of shifting. I have nothing to compare, as it is my first BMW and first shaft-driven bike, but my little Honda didn't crunch gears that much. So the sound of the gearbox is one thing I don't like.
Plus I park on a gravel, so pushing the bike backwards on loose chippings shows the static weight of the bike.
I am here to learn.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I too have a gravel drive and it can be a right pain to push the bike backwards. In the end I bought a center stand and dolly. Now I drive in and spin the bike around in the garage.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

The more i ride my RT the more i am liking it, But i am not a fan of the cruise control switches.
I am finding them a pain with my big winter gloves on.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb: