Uploading Images to R1200RT Forum

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Waratah

Uploading Images to R1200RT Forum

Post by Waratah »

My apologies for these huge posts but I read a couple of message lately where members were having trouble uploading images to the forum.  I hope the following explains how easy it is, particularly where I've only posted images with fancy red arrows to show where to Click.  STeinar, I wasn't too sure where to post these messages, I hope they're OK here?

You have a number of choices viz. Title, Category, Description etc, where I think some must be filled in, others aren't necessary.

Title and Description are explanatory (helps others if you include a Description, tells everyone where the photo was taken or what you're showing),

Category - choose from the drop-down menu viz. Add-ons or Bikes (one must be selected),

Upload Picture - Click on Choose File, which should then open to show folders on your computer.  Select the image to upload.

Keywords - put one or two keywords in to describe your image.  I think keyword/s must be entered otherwise you can't upload images.

Click on Add Picture to start upload.

Further information to follow.....
Last edited by Waratah on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS
Waratah

Re: Uploading Images to R1200RT Forum

Post by Waratah »

The next image shows the important part that you're after, the line of code that you place into a message on the forum so it links back to your photos (now in your MYIMAGES part in the Gallery).  This next part is if you want to put an image (or images) into a posted message on the forum.  You may want to simply display your images in the Gallery and not worry about the next part.

If you want to show an image in a message you have a selection of:-

BB Code,
BB Thumbnail Images Code, or
BB Medium Image Code

Choose what size image you want to display in your message, highlight the line of code in the box to the right hand side, copy the code and paste into your message.

In this view you can see a message typed into a Reply box and beneath that is the code for a Thumbnail Image of the photo relating to the text.

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or if the narrative can be improved, I'm learning as I go also.  There are other methods where images can be linked back to websites or photo sharing sites e.g. Flickr, Photobucket etc.  The images in this post have actually been linked back to Photobucket, to save filling the R1200RT Gallery with non-R1200RT images.  Waratah (aka John in Sydney, Australia)
Last edited by Waratah on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 R1200RT, 1994 R100LT and 1988 R100RS
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Uploading Images to R1200RT Forum

Post by slowvet »

TY!