Average wage rant

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Average wage rant

Post by Doctor T »

Before I start my rant I will point out am not very political minded. Am not committed to any party. Had enough of that in my time at Oxford Uni.
Where do the government get their average working wage of 35K a year from? The average wage in my area is around 21k. I can count on one hand the people I know that earn over 30k.
35k may be an average in some parts of greater London but not nationwide. This is one of those Quotes the government keep giving out that really peeves me off.
Rant over :blah: :blah:
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 31 times
Great Britain

Re: Average wage rant

Post by jesim1 »

The whole point of an "average wage" is that it takes into consideration everyone, not just the people you think you know who are on just over £20k.

Just think - any doctor/lawyer/surveyor etc. is likely to be on £60k+, quite possible double that. Even teachers get £35k/40k, and my son works in a builders yard and hits £35k with overtime - and he's 20!

I honestly don't think £35K is that much these days, and a lot of people earn way over that - just try and get a tradesman - any of them, to work for less than £250/day :oops: